The Steeldrivers - The Steeldrivers (LP)
The Grammy-Nominated 2008 debut includes If It Hadn't Been For Love and Blue Side Of The Mountain.
The Steel Drivers hail from Nashville, TN and concoct a sound that combines elements of tradition with contemporary flourishes. One might call the group's self-titled debut neo-acoustic. It's a sound that relies on mandolins, fiddles, and guitars, one that skirts bluegrass without being constricted by it. Banjoist Richard Bailey, bassist-vocalist Mike Fleming, mandolinist-vocalist Mike Henderson, fiddler-vocalist Tammy Rogers, and guitarist-lead vocalist Chris Stapleton deliver 11 full-bodied tracks on The Steel Drivers, highlighted by Stapleton's scratchy, Tom Waits meets bluegrass vocals.
- Blue Side of the Mountain
- Drinkin’ Dark Whiskey
- Midnight Train to Memphis
- Midnight Tears
- If You Can’t Be Good, Be Gone
- If It Hadn’t Been For Love
- Hear the Willow Cry
- Sticks That Made Thunder
- East Kentucky Home
- To Be With You Again
• The first time this title has been available on vinyl
• Includes the fan favorites "Where Rainbows Never Die" and "Ghosts of Mississippi"
• The album was two-times GRAMMY® nominated—for “Best Bluegrass Album” and “Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals”