On A Friday Evening (CD)
A newly-discovered live performance by Bill Evans Trio, featuring Eddie Gómez on bass and Eliot Zigmund on drums. The previously unreleased concert took place on June 20, 1975, at Oil Can Harry’s, Vancouver, BC. Captured for radio host Gary Barclay, it was aired on his popular CHQM jazz show. For nearly half a century, the tapes lay forgotten – until now. Thanks to audio restoration by Plangent Processes and meticulous mastering by Paul Blakemore, it sounds just as fresh today as it did in 1975.
1. Sareen Jurer (live)
2. Sugar Plum (live)
3. The Two Lonely People (live)
4. T. T. T. (Twelve Tone Tune) (live)
5. Quiet Now (live)
6. Up With The Lark (live)
7. How Deep Is The Ocean (live)
8. Blue Serge (live)
9. Nardis (live)
• Breakout from the first-ever career spanning retrospective covering 1956-1980 featuring 5-discs and over 60 tracks titled Everybody Still Digs Bill Evans.
• Newly discovered, previously unreleased Bill Evans Trio concert from 1975. Unreleased tracks feature state-of-the-art tape transfer and audio restoration by Plangent Processes
• New liner notes from GRAMMY-winning writer, radio host, and music journalist, Neil Tesser